Calendário

sexta-feira, julho 19, 2024

Wendy James - "Freedomsville"

 

BREAKING NEWS! BREAKING NEWS!
my FIRST SINGLE from my TENTH ALBUM!
The single is called FREEDOMSVILLE
 
 

The album is called THE SHAPE OF HISTORY
You can pre-order/pre-save the single here: 
 
You can preorder the album here:
 
I say of my single:
 
“I grew up, musically, in the age of the sequencer,” reflects Wendy. “There was Transvision Vamp and there was Sigue Sigue Sputnik and we were both drawn into the future by Ridley Scott’s movie ‘Bladerunner’. The futuristic, seedy glamour, the overcrowded Chinatown and the high, high skyscrapers, where the masters of the universe observed and policed down below. Mixed in with that: Polanski’s movie ‘Frantic’, Beineix’s movie ‘Diva’, European dark electro and Klaus Nomi's 'The Cold Song’. I wrote ‘Freedomsville’ on guitar as I do with all my songs. In the end I didn’t use sequencers at all, it’s all real humans playing very rhythmically on repeat for six minutes straight!”
 
So buckle up! It’s happening! On the opening day of the Paris Olympics… 26th July! I’m going for gold! 
 
See you next Friday with the whole video for Freedomsville and the album release date and artwork reveal!
 
Tons of love
Wendy xoxo
 
 
 
Podem ouvir um excerto deste novo tema na página da Wendy, acedendo aqui!
 

Sem comentários: